Most people love to cook. Some find it therapeutic and fun, while some find it, well, essential to everyday living. Although cooking is fun, and most often than not, easy, not everyone likes the preparation process it involves, especially when there are a lot of slicing, dicing, mincing or grating of ingredients involved.
Sometimes, even certain ingredients require a specific slice or cut for its flavor to really shine through on your dish, so this can be a very tedious task for someone. Thanks to technology, though, kitchen appliances that make cooking a lot easier are abundant nowadays.
From microwave, oven, electric mixer, blender, etc., these kitchen buddies make cooking and the preparation it involves faster and easier.
One of the kitchen buddies that you need to invest on for your cooking journey is the food processor.
It is no longer new in the market as this appliance has been around for quite some time already, however, not everyone realizes its importance in the kitchen, not to mention, the comfort it can bring you when prepping up for a meal for lunch or dinner. With the food processor, slicing, grating, mincing, and dicing are a breeze.
Why you should invest in a food processor
You might think food processors are such an expensive and unnecessary appliance in your kitchen that you would just prefer to slice, dice, and mince all your ingredients by hand.
While this can be done, although a tedious task, food processors are essential to your kitchen team not only for its basic functions – slicing, dicing, grating, and mincing – as it also allows you to experiment with your cooking.
If you are thinking about what to feed your baby, instead of buying ready-to-eat baby foods in the grocery store and spending too much on it, why not prepare something on your own? The good thing about having the food processor in your kitchen is you get to puree your own baby’s food.
Sauces, dips, and marinades are easy with food processors as well, hence gourmet food, instead of buying them outside, are easy to prepare and cook for you and your family.
The basic functions
If experimenting is not your thing, but you would like to provide some ease on your food preparations, investing on food processors is still important. Slicing vegetables and fruits is an easy task with this kitchen buddy.
All you need to do is wash your veggies, peel those that have to be peeled, like carrots, potatoes, and cucumbers, put them into the food processor, press it on for function, and you are good to go.
Chopping works the same way as well. What’s good with this appliance is that you can determine and produce the size you want for your chopped vegetables.
If you want bigger chunks, you can operate your food processor for a few seconds and if you want smaller diced veggies, you can let the appliance do its work for a longer period of time. Mincing, as you guessed it, works the same way also, and so is grating.
The only difference is, you just have to choose the right disc or slicer in your food processor to get the desired shape and size. Most food processors come with reversible shredding and slicing discs which can do the slicing for you from medium to fine thickness, so no need to worry about getting the right shape and size of veggies and fruits for your dish.
Take a peek at the best food processors
Cuisinart FP-8SV Elemental 8 – Cup Food Processor
An 8-cup food processor for your slicing, mincing, dicing, and chopping preparations for a group of people, big or small.
- A 350-watt motor for a powerful performance
- 8-cup work capacity bowl, with measurements, for precise measures for your dish preparation
- Parts that are easy to clean, east to assemble and disassemble, and dishwasher-safe
- Shredding and slicing discs that are reversible for medium to fine thickness of veggies
- With its 350-watt motor, slicing soft to hard ingredients are not an issue
- 8-cup work bowl for easy meal preparations no matter how small or big your group is
- Reversible shredding and slicing discs that allows you to experiment on your food
- Expensive for a 350-watt motor food processor
Oster Pro 1200 Blender 2-in-1 with Food Processor Attachment and XL Personal Blending Cup
For a kitchen buddy that is truly all around, why not opt for this food processor-slash-blender from Oster?
- Blender function includes 7 speed options and 3 pre-programmed settings
- Dual Direction Blade Technology with and extra wide 3.5-inch for precision chopping and grinding
- 1200- watts motor for heavy-duty blending and food processing; 900-watts motor for your ice-crushing needs
- 5-cup capacity bowl made from BPA-free plastic
- Stainless steel slicing disk for usage for a longer period of time
- Truly all-around; no need to buy a separate blender and ice crusher with this appliance
- 1200-watts motor allows you to grind, chop, and slice any ingredient you might need for your dish
- Wide-range of settings that allows you to experiment on your food preparations and cooking
- More of a blender than a food processor
- No reversible shredding and slicing discs so slice variety might be limited
There are a lot of food processors available in the market today that differ in functionalities, add-ons, prices, etc., but one thing remains clear, food processors are an essential to your kitchen needs.
Save time and energy by purchasing one to help you with slicing, grinding, chopping, and mincing your vegetables.
Allow yourself to experiment more with food as this kitchen buddy allows you to make salsa, dips, and purees easily and rapidly. Skip buying take-outs and cook on your own instead to save money and make sure that what you are eating is healthy and made from the freshest ingredients.
These are just some of the reasons why food processors should be your kitchen buddy. With the abundance of options available in the market today, you are sure to get one that suits your budget, needs, and even personality!