Today’s modern parents opt to have baby food makers as a must have the device in their kitchens. This is because baby food makers have proven to save parents a great deal of time and energy when preparing food for their babies.
Over the years, these devices have been adjusted to improve their functionality. They now have motors that are more powerful making them more efficient and reliable.
Whether you want to make carrots, potatoes, or a blend of fruity desserts, you can do so easily with some of the great baby food makers in the market. They are fun to use and can even make it easy for you to invent the best recipes ever.
Having the appropriate baby food maker will significantly reduce the amount of time and energy you spend when cooking for your baby. Just like many other cooking devices, there is a wide variety of baby food makers that you can choose from.
You may be concerned about the cost of these devices or the performance. Whatever you’re looking for, you will always find the right baby food maker for you.
Depending on the brand, these devices have various features. Some may have both blending and steaming functions in one device, storage cups, extra-large capacity for producing food and even recipe books.
Two of the most popular baby food makers that most parents are after are the Cuisinart Baby Food Maker and the Beaba.
Cuisinart BFM 1000 Baby Food Maker and Bottle Warmer
The best thing about this product is that it has more than one functionality. It is, therefore, one simple device that will help you make your baby food in different ways. Here are some of the amazing features of this baby food maker:
- It functions as a steamer, blender and bottle warmer
- While pouring in your ingredients, the blade is held in place thanks to a special blade-lock system
- The device has a steam blade that creates an even distribution of steam, making the process of steaming the food faster
- It also has a seal on the bowl to avoid spitting during blending and make steaming more efficient
- The baby food maker has a warranty for 18 months and also comes with a measuring cup, bottle adapter ring, spatula and a recipe book
- It is very easy to clean as the parts to clean are very few and they can be safely washed in a dishwasher
- The Cuisinart is more durable than other baby food makers
- Quick steaming and accurate chopping of baby food is enhanced by the powerful motor
- The blade locking systems helps to avoid accidents when you pour the baby food
- The capacity is quite large to enable you prepare food at once.
- If you’re not careful, mold can grow in the steaming compartment but this can be prevented by washing it thoroughly and putting it out to air-dry for a few hours
Beaba Babycook 4 in 1 Steam Cooker and Blender
If you’re looking for a baby food maker that prepares meals in less than 15 minutes then the Beaba Babycook will do that for you. The amount of time it will take to cook using this device is dependent on the amount of food you want prepare. The other features that come with this product include:
- A baby-safe automatic shut off that has an alarm
- Multiple functions including, blending, steaming, warming and defrosting
- Large food capacity that can prepare more than 17 servings at once
- Water Reservoir made from stainless steel
- It can easily perform four functions
- This baby food maker does not have any BPA and is therefore very safe to make your baby’s food
- All the components can be safely washed in the dishwasher
- Corrosion is not likely to occur due to the fact that the water reservoir is made from stainless steel
- It takes about 15 minutes to prepare food while other products take less. However, this again depends on how much food you plan to make
Both of these products have very similar features in the sense that they perform multiple functions such as blending, steaming, warming and defrosting. They are also both easy to clean and safe to do so in a dishwasher.
The advantage of the Cuisinart is that it takes a much shorter period of time to cook food when compared to the Beaba. However, this is also dependent on the amount of food being cooked.
Both products have 4 cups which enable you to prepare enough food that can last for several days. In addition to that, if you’re looking for a device that performs much faster then you may want to consider the Cuisinart because it has a steam blade system which catalyzes the cooking process by evenly distributing steam.
When it comes to pricing, the Cuisinart is usually preferred because it is considered to be more affordable than the Beaba. However, the price margin between the two products is not too huge as both products are still considered highly affordable.
The Cuisinart Baby Food Maker has a very competitive price and comes with several amazing features that will make your cooking easier than ever before. As much as it may carry the risk of getting mold in the steam compartment, this can be easily avoided by carefully following the instructions on how to clean the device – wash it thoroughly and let it air dry for a few hours.
Mold is known to grow on wet surfaces and hence why you should make sure to give it ample time to dry completely after washing it. The device might be a bit heavy but it is still portable and you can move it easily around your kitchen.
The Beaba baby food maker cooks food in 15 minutes or less depending on the amount of food you intend to cook. It also performs multiple functions to make your work easier and faster and is free from BPA components.
Both products have a large capacity to accommodate large amounts of food. In addition to that, they are perfectly safe to use in a dishwasher.
With the evident levels of safety and large capacity, they are great options to consider when searching for the right baby food maker.