There is a lot that goes in when preparing that sumptuous meal for your family. There is washing, cutting, chopping, slicing, blending, shredding and kneading.
These activities consume time and sap energy. For a long time, they were done manually, leaving those doing them quite exhausted.
Then came in the food processors. This indispensable kitchen equipment has been quite efficient in easing the work by reducing the time required to do repetitive activities.
All you need to do is to wash the food, set it in the processor, set the timing and within no time the vegetables are beautifully sliced, the meat cut, the fruits chopped and the dough kneaded, just the way you need it.
Great as they are, food processors are time-consuming if cleaned manually. This is because they have many components, some of them sharp and dangerous.
Whereas the motor is easy to clean- just warm soapy water for wiping the component parts need to be washed thoroughly. The blades are quite sharp and if not well handled can cause cuts. Thankfully, these parts can now be washed in the dishwasher.
Below we review three food processors that can be washed in a dishwasher.
BLACK+DECKER FP1600B 8-Cup Food Processor
The Black and Decker FP1600 8-Cup food processor is one of those processors you are likely to find in any modern kitchen. Light and handy, it is a basic processor meant for light duty kitchen work such as cutting, slicing, shredding and grinding.
It cannot, however, be used for heavier tasks like kneading and processing large amounts of food.
- Powerful – 450 Watts
- 8 cup plastic Bowl
- Reversible Stainless steel chopping blade
- Stainless steel slicer/shredder
- A handy food chute with pusher
- Easy to control push button controls
- Built-in interlock safety system
- 4 non-skid suction feet
- Non-skid suction feet provide stability
- Very sharp blades for effective chopping/cutting/slicing
- Light therefore easily portable and occupies minimum space in the kitchen
- Easy to assemble and operate
- Safe power cord storage inside
- Detailed manual in the package
- 2-year manufacturer’s Warranty
- A little noisy
- No indicator light to show when the machine is on/off
- Short power cord; hence limits where you can work from
- Cannot handle heavy tasks e.g. kneading
- The plastic bowl is not EPA free
- Pulse and off are the same button
Hamilton Beach 70740 8-Cup Food Processor
This affordable machine is easy to use and efficient. Despite is limited capacity, it is known to be very fast and does an amazing job at chopping, slicing, and dicing.
- 450 watts which make it just powerful enough for light kitchen tasks
- 8-cup capacity polypropylene bowl
- 2 speed plus pulse control
- Stainless steel blades for chopping, shredding and pureeing
- Stainless steel shredding disc
- Comes in a small size and light in weight thus easy to carry and store
- The blades are very sharp
- The wide feed chute ensures that even chunky food can be pushed in for processing
- Has suction cups that keep it steady
- The parts can be safely washed in the dishwasher
- Cannot be used to knead dough
- The bowl is not shatter-proof
- The food chute is small; cannot take large chunks of food
Cuisinart DLC-4CHB Mini-Prep Plus 4-Cup Food Processor
This is another food processor that you are likely to find in most kitchens. Like the ones have we have discussed above, the Cuisinart DLC-4CHB Mini-prep food is affordable and easy to use. We highlight some of its features here
- 4 cup capacity food bowl
- Easy grip handle
- Dishwasher safe parts that make cleaning easy
- Recipe book that gives you some ideas on food preparation
- Auto-reverse Smart Power blade for cutting and copping
- Custom spatula for scooping out the food after processing.
- 18-month limited warranty
- The Blade Lock system secures the blades in place for safety.
- Easy to use
- The parts are dishwasher safe
- Cannot be used to knead dough
Comparison of the dishwasher friendly food processors
As we see from the analysis, all the three food processors share some features which help secure their place in the kitchen. For one, they are all light and easy to store. Secondly, at 450 watts, they are all meant for light kitchen work such as chopping, dicing, and cutting, etc.
When it comes to price, they are all affordable, all of them retailing at an affordable price, although the Cuisinart DLC-4CHB Mini Food Prep is the priciest of them all. They are therefore great for entry-level food processors.
For other additional features, again the Cuisinart DLC-4CHB processor has more superior additions such as the patented auto reverse smart power blade that chops and grinds at the same time.
Hamilton Beach and the Black and Decker have an 8-cup capacity while the Cuisinart has a 4-cup capacity. For capacity, both the Hamilton Beach and the Black and Decker have an 8-cup capacity while the Cuisinart has a 4-cup capacity.
All the three processors come with a limited manufacturer’s warranty. The Black and Decker has an 18-month warranty while the Hamilton and the Cuisinart have a two-year warranty. Then, of course, their parts are dishwasher friendly.
The best dishwasher safe food processor
We have gone into the details of the features that distinguish three food processors that are safe to wash in the dishwasher. We have seen that they are all great kitchen appliances that come at an affordable price.
If you want a very basic food processor, just for chopping, cutting and grinding, and blending, the Black and Decker FP 1600B will serve you well.
If you need a processor that will accomplish for you more work and is safer, then the Cuisinart DLC-4CHB Mini- Food processor is the best choice for you. But for us, the Hamilton Beach 70740 8-cup food processor is the ultimate food processor that is dishwasher safe.
It does all the basic work but the fact that its food chute is larger, allowing it to process larger chunks is an added advantage. And then it is very speedy and has grippers which keep it in place while working. This is great for prevention of minor kitchen accidents and keeping you safe.