Whether you are a chef or just enjoy cooking at home, then you know that the answer to successfully preparing a meal is using various types of tools to cut your ingredients in different ways. A mandolin slicer can make a big difference in chopping up food. Mandoline slicers make life in the kitchen much easier.
You can save lots of time and energy by quickly slicing your fruits or vegetables. It is an amazing tool due to the even cuts it makes. However, you might also want to consider a food processor before you decide on a specific cutting tool to settle on.
With food processors, you can also cut down the amount of time you take to prepare a meal at home. This kitchen tool is essential to have and affordable as well.
These appliances perform multiple food preparation functions such as chopping, grating, kneading, grinding, slicing and shredding. They, therefore, help in reducing the pressure put on your wrists, arms, and fingers if you would have otherwise done these things manually.
People who suffer from arthritis or joint problems would definitely benefit from a food processor.
Comparison – Mandoline Slicer Vs Food Processor
The mandolin slicer is basically a sharp blade fixed into a stand. All you need to do is pass your vegetables or fruits over the blade and you are left with even slices in just a few seconds.
Some slicers have different types of blades to give you different cuts. You might think that a mandolin slicer is a dangerous tool, but if used correctly it will give you a great variety of cuts in the shortest time possible.
Food processors, on the other hand, are much bigger than the mandolin slicers. They perform more functions than the slices including chopping, slicing, pureeing and dicing.
They might be a bit cumbersome to set up due to their size, but they are very convenient when it comes to multipurpose kitchen appliances. For instance, you may be better off using a slicer to get that even cut but if you want to make soup or desserts, the food processor will save your life.
The choice you make for these kitchen tools is highly dependent on your needs. You might want to have a slicer only or better still get both appliances to enjoy different ways of preparing your meals.
Take a look at these popular mandolin slicers and food processors to help you make a decision.
Mueller V-Pro 5 Blade Adjustable Mandolin Slicer
If you’re looking to up your game in the kitchen and make more interesting meals, then you should consider the Mueller V-Pro 5 Blade. This mandolin slicer gives you the best mandolin-shaped vegetables giving you room to arrange them in creative patterns. The product:
- Has a unique design which has been patented and is of the highest quality making it the perfect option for vegetable/fruit slicers
- Has been specially designed to be dishwasher-safe and easy to work with
- Has 5 stainless steel blades that are extremely sharp
- Comes with a lifetime warranty, therefore giving you a peace of mind for as long as you use it
LiBa Mandoline Slicer
You should also look out for this popular Liba mandolin slicer that turns the most dull-looking vegetables into more appealing meals that will definitely get you and your family or guests salivating. The LiBa mandolin slicer has the following features:
- It’s highly durable stainless steel blades are suitable for both commercial and home use
- It has slice guards to prevent your fingers from any harm and is also equipped with a slip-resistant rubber to avoid accidents caused by slipping
- It has been manufactured with ABS plastics that are food-safe keeping all your food free from chemicals and clean
Oster Pro 1200 Blender 2-in-1 with Food Processor Attachment and XL Personal Blending Cup
If you have settled on getting a food processor, then the Oster Pro 1200 is one tool you may want to consider getting. This product has:
- Technology for smart settings, letting you pre-programme the settings for various blending options
- An extra wide blade at 3.5 inches which lets the ingredients go all the way down easily, hence producing a smoother paste in the shortest time
- A chopping blade and slicing disk made from stainless steel and a 5 cup capacity processing bowl free from BPA
- A sleek and trendy design that has a great nickel finish and features to enable blending with more accuracy
- An extra-large cup of 24oz that allows you to add more ingredients than you would in a normal food processor
- Two blades to provide extra power when blending. This helps chop your food with extra precision
Hamilton Beach 12-Cup Stack and Snap Food Processor (70725A)
Whether you are preparing a small meal for two or a larger family meal, the Hamilton Beach food processor will guide you in preparing your meal in the simplest way ever. It comes with:
- An easy to understand function guide that clearly shows you the most appropriate blade to use and which specific buttons to press depending on what you want to be done
- A unique way of assembling without having to turn, twist or lock anything
- Properly sealed bowls that prevent leaks when preparing liquids such sauce and soup
- An extremely powerful motor of 450Watts that lets you slice, mix, puree and chop anything
- A Big Mouth feed tube that decreases your chances for pre-cutting ingredients
- Parts that are safe to be washed in a dishwasher
- A really large bowl that has the capacity to hold 12 cups
- A jet for pouring liquids to avoid dripping all over
Having said that, what product should you choose between a mandolin slicer and food processor? It all rolls out to what purpose you want to serve, the amount of time you have and the amount of space you have in your kitchen.
Mandoline slicers may be considered dangerous but nasty accidents can always be avoided if instructions on usage are clearly followed to the latter.
These slicers make an amazingly huge difference when it comes to transforming your average meal into something more professional due to the even and precise cuts it produces and can be easily stored in your kitchen drawers.
Food processors, on the other hand, may be a bit bigger than the slicers, more work to clean and a bit cumbersome when it comes to storage.
However, they are the best when it comes to the number of functions they can perform including pureeing which the mandolin slicer does not do.